A first milestone in our fundraising campaign for the HCVT took place at Stanford University in California where Board members Georges Hatem, Charles Debbas, Michael Cleavenger and Pierre Dulaine made a full presentation of the village to an audience of over one hundred participants.
Georges Hatem introduced the background for the village concept and the impact it is expected to make; Charles Debbas presented the architectural design of the village which was highlighted with a 3-D virtual reality tour of the village.
The Stanford presentation also included:
- A welcome word video by his Grace the Archbishop of Arusha (watch the video in our gallery)
- A video message by Maasai elders on the importance of the village to the local communities (watch the video in our gallery)
- A video message by Laetitia Hatem [Board member of PHF Geneva and HCF North America] on our second rehabilitation center that will be built in the HCVT (watch the video in our gallery)
- A live word by John List [Chairman of the department of Economics at the University of Chicago, our Technical Partner for Impact Measurement]
- A live word by Dana Suskind [Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics at University of Chicago Medicine, our Technical Partner for Early Childhood Education; Dana is also Director, Pediatric Cochlear Implantation Program, Founder and Director Thirty Million Words Initiative, Founder and Director Project ASPIRE]
The presentation was followed by a cocktail which was an opportunity to interact with the audience and answer their questions.